It’s finally summertime, and besides the heat, that comes with a whole new list of summer beauty wants and needs. But don’t worry, I got you covered! From self-tanners, to highlighters, to concealers, I have 10 products that you absolutely NEED for this summer (not to mention they are SUPER affordable). I mean, let’s be honest, no one wants to spend a boatload of money on beauty products (or anything, for that matter). Keep scrolling for these must-haves!
- Essence Lash Princess Mascara: I’ve been using this mascara for about 5 years now, and I will never go back. It is better than ANY mascara that I have ever used, and is only $4.99! This mascara gives a “false-lash effect” and extends your lash length DRAMATICALLY. Seriously, a 10/10 product. You can purchase this mascara at Ulta or on Amazon!
- Bondi Sands Self Tanning Foam: If you wanna look ~bronzed and glowing~ this summer, definitely use this product. Not only does it smell like coconuts, but it leaves a beautiful, streak-free tan on your skin. It also lasts for about a week, so you don’t need to re-apply like crazy. You can find this product on Amazon, at Ulta, or really any drugstore.
- Stusgo Self-Tanning Mitt: So, this one kind of goes with the previous product. What’s really important about self-tanning is having the right mitt. This mitt is SO soft, and really aids in achieving that streak-free tan. Best of all, it’s only $5.95 on Amazon. It also comes with a mini mitt for your face, so you can have that summertime glow everywhere!
- Maybelline’s Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer: This concealer is a MUST-HAVE. The coverage is really nice, and doesn’t look too cakey on the skin. Also, the consistency of the product itself isn’t too thick, which is perfect for the summertime. You can apply just a little bit to cover up those dark spots, or use a tad more for more coverage. Also, they have a large selection of shades for different skin colors (go Maybelline!). You can find this on Amazon, Ulta, or a nearby drugstore. (It’s only around $6 on Amazon!)
- ColourPop Super Shock Highlighter: Maybe it’s just me, but I LOVE to look dewy during the summer, and to do that, highlighters are a must. This ColourPop highlighter is BEAUTIFUL. The pigmentation is truly incomparable. It has a creamy texture, which I think makes the highlight look more natural. It lasts for hours, making you look like a glowing goddess all day. It’s only $8 at Ulta Beauty.
- Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm: This lip balm is perfect for the summer. Not only does it keep your lips moisturized, but it has a little bit of color to it to keep you looking your best! Who doesn’t love a good lip color without the stickiness of a lip gloss or the commitment of a lipstick? It comes in several shades for all different skin colors. You can find this at a local drugstore or at Ulta for around $5!
- Tree Hut Sugar Scrubs: Although this technically isn’t a “beauty” product, it is still definitely a MUST-HAVE. All of Tree Hut’s Body Sugar Scrubs are to DIE for, and smell amazing. My personal favorites for the summer are the Tahitian Vanilla Bean, the Coco Colada, and the Watermelon scents. Apply these body scrubs during your daily shower or bath for silky smooth skin all summer long! These babies go for around $9 at Ulta.
- Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer: If you want a bronzer that leaves you looking tanned and glowy, and smells like coconuts, then definitely get this product! From personal experience, it’s hard finding a good bronzer that doesn’t have an orange undertone to it, or isn’t too glittery. But, this Physicians Formula bronzer has a perfect neutral tone to it that leaves you looking like you just came back from the beach. This product can be found at a drugstore, Ulta, or Amazon, and is around $10-15!
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation: Like I said, I like to be dewy and glowing all summer long. If you’re like me, then definitely get this foundation. It comes in many shades and has the perfect consistency for the summertime. It’s not too thick, and it’s not too thin — it’s just right. Also, it has great coverage, and makes your face look dewy and blemish free. Snag this product at CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, or, of course, Amazon. (It’s only around $8!)
- Milani Baked Blush: Blush. Some people hate it, some people can’t live without it. But, if you like to have nice rosy cheeks, then consider getting this product. It’s not too shiny, and can brighten up any face. You can find this blush at any drugstore or on Amazon.
Those are my 10 summer beauty must-haves! As we’re finally at the end of this pandemic, we all could use some affordable pick me ups that will help us feel beautiful and better than ever. But remember, you don’t need these products to feel beautiful — you are beautiful just the way you are!
Let us know if this article helped you, and if you buy any of these products. If you want to give us your own review of these items, (or any items you want, really), feel free to contact us. We’d love to know what you think! Also, let us know what articles you want to see here.
Enjoy your summer! Until next time…
Beauty is Cruelty Free